Written, Directed and Performed by Chicago Children's Theatre
Sunday, October 8th, 2017
Sponsored by: Porter County Community Foundation
Chesterton - Duneland Kiwanis
Chesterton Tri Kappa
About the show
Red Kite Treasure Adventure is an interactive theater experience with live music and sensory moments created exclusively for young people on the autism spectrum (suggested age is 4 to 14). Audience members will join the chivalrous Oswald and his precocious siblings on their harrowing journey to track down a rare Chinese vase. Their adventure leads them to Chinatown where they arrive just in time for New Year's festivities, dragon puppets, fireworks and lanterns. After conquering their fears (and a sea serpent names Gong Gong) our heroes return home with a newfound appreciation for bravery, honest and family tradition. Inspired by characters from Edith Nesbit's The Story of the Treasure Seekers, this intimate production creates a safe and exciting theatrical environment for you people with autism and their families.
About the Audience
- A maximum of 10 children with ASD will be invited to participate in each performance.
- Teachers interested in bringing an entire class, even if a larger than 10, please contact Jude Tanter at email@example.com
- A parent or caretaker must accompany each child to the theater and will be able to sit near his/her child, though not in the performance space itself.
- We can also accommodate a limited number of observers (parents, siblings, etc) in the audience.
- Reservations will be accepted on a first come, first server basis.
About the Performances
- Performance duration: approximately 50 minutes.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to check in
- Date: Sunday, October 8, 2017
- Performance TImes: 10am, 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:00pm
- Reservations are required. Absolutely no walk-ins!
- Donation: a cash donation of $5.00 per person is suggested. Credit Card not accepted.
Make your reservations
Reservations are required for this show. You will receive a phone call to confirm your reservations.