Auditions for Sleeping Indoors
a play by Jim Holt
directed by Amy Briseño
Audition Dates: Sunday, November 5 at 4-6 pm and Monday, November 6 at 7-9 pm
Cast Meeting/Read Thru: week of November 28th (depending on cast availability)
Rehearsals start January 2024
Performances: March 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, & 24, 2024
Sundays at 3:00 pm, Thursday/Friday/Saturday at 8:00 pm
What to prepare: Nothing. Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Please bring a list of your conflicts for January - March.
Must be 18 or older to audition
When literary reviewer Paul and his wife Nora invite a homeless man, Dwain, into their home for Christmas dinner, they don't expect to be so charmed by him -- or that his journal will be the incredible literary masterpiece that it is. But can Dwain, whose art thrives in anonymity, be convinced to give up the only life he's known for such comforts as sleeping indoors?
Content Notes: Some mild adult content.
Paul Barefield - Nora's husband, 40s or 50s
Nora Barefield - Paul's wife, 40s or 50s
Nichole - Nora's younger sister
To read more about the show or review a script online, please go to: https://www.playscripts.com/play/2661 You will need to register with playscripts website to read a copy online.
Play is produced with a special arrangement thru Playscripts.com
General Audition Notes
- 4th Street Theater is a non-paid non-equity theatre. (all-volunteer)
- Sorry, we do not offer any paid positions or internships.
- No previous acting experience is required to audition for us.
- Actors are required to audition separately for each show they are interested in. We do not have a set troupe/group of actors.
- Auditions will always be announced on our website and Facebook. We also encourage you to join our email newsletter. We do not send out individual email notifications.