About the Ten Minute Play Festival
We started this festival August 2014 as the 6x10 Festival. Since then, this festival has just grown dramatically.
We have added additional performance days and in 2017 decided to produce 10 of the plays since we have such an overwhelming number of scripts submitted.
In 2018 we received over 400 scripts from 35 states and 7 different countries!
Call for Scripts for the Sixth Annual Ten Play Festival
- Plays will be accepted for consideration March 1st 2019, 11:59am thru 8th 11:59 pm or 100 plays, whichever comes first. (So if we hit 100 plays on the first day, we will close the submission window. No early submissions will be accepted.
- Each playwright may submit a maximum of one script for review.
- There is no entry fee
- Plays submitted will not be returned and should not have been produced anywhere in Indiana before.
- Plays should not have been published.
- We will only accept PDF submissions. No word, text, or other document formats will be accepted.
- All plays should be in 12pt font – the choices are Arial, courier, or times. Margins should be 1 inch.
- A cover page that includes title of play, playwright's name, playwrights complete address, phone number and email. If the play is a collaboration, the info requested in number one of this list is required for both parties.
- Please do not list your contact information on the dialogue pages. If you do, your script will not be considered.
- Please visit: http://www.playwrightslocal.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Samuel-French-Formatting-Guide.pdf for guidelines on how to format a script.
- We will not consider musicals. (You may suggest background music)
- Plays must be between 8 and 10 minutes. We will not accept submissions for shows longer or shorter than this. Please time your script prior to sending.
- Plays are to be no more than ten pages in length and no less than 6 pages. Please be clear that we want a COVER PAGE with Title and all contact info; followed by just a Title Page with no contact info; followed with the page that sets out cast, set and synopsis for the play and any additional suggestions from the playwright. Note that none of these pages will be counted in the ten-page maximum count.
- We will only accept one version of the script. Please do not send revision (Any revisions will not be considered/read).
- We are wanting plays, not skits. There should be beginning, middle and end with an actual plot.
- No multiple scenes, no extensive set/costume/light/projection requirements. Note: we are capable of using projections to simplify set requirements, but there should not be extensive requirements. Please note: our stage is 12 feet deep by 30 feet wide
- No more than six characters.
- Please let us know if the characters can be gender or ethnically neutral.
- No feedback will be given on plays not selected.
- We will post selected plays on Facebook and our website. Please check on May 3rd. We will only email the playwrights of selected plays.
- The only accepted method of submission is email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not accept scripts sent by traditional postal mail or that are dropped off (no exceptions)
- Failure to follow these guidelines for submission will automatically disqualify a script(s) from consideration.
- Please do not ask for special consideration for any of these requirements.
- By submitting a script for consideration, the playwright agrees that the 4th Street Theater may produce the script during the Festival. The playwright agrees to waive any royalty for the production of the piece in the festival and relinquishes all rights to casting decisions or scenic choices.
For questions or further information, contact Linda Pauli, Festival Producer, at email@example.com.
General Time Line:
Performances: August 30, 31, Sept 1, 5, 6, 7, 8 2019 (industry night Sept 5)
All performances are at 8 pm except Sundays, which begin at 3 pm.
Call for directors – May – information to be announced on Facebook & our website
Auditions - July– information to be announced on Facebook & our website
Information on director application guidelines as well as auditions for actors will be posted after the plays are selected.