About the Ten Minute Play Festival
We started this festival August 2014 as the 6x10 Festival. Since then, this festival has just grown dramatically.
We have added additional performance days and in 2017 decided to produce 10 of the plays since we have such an overwhelming number of scripts submitted.
Performances: August 2018
All performances are at 8 pm except Sundays, which begin at 3 pm.
General Time Line:
Script Submission March 1 to May 1st
Call for directors - June
Auditions - July
Call for Scripts for the Fifth Annual Ten Play Festival
- Plays will be accepted for consideration beginning Wednesday, March 1st and the submissions will close on Monday, May 1st at 6:00PM Central Time. Plays submitted after that time will not be considered.
No submissions will be accepted before March 1st
No submissions will be accepted after May 1st
- We will only accept one version of the script. Please do not send revision.
- A cover page that includes title of play, playwright's name, playwright's complete address, phone number and email. Please visit: https://anatomyofapilot.com/2013/04/17/pilot-titles-round-2/ for an example of a cover page.
Playwrights name cannot appear anywhere within the play itself. If it does, the play will not be considered.
- Plays are to be no more than ten pages in length, no multiple scenes, no extensive set requirements.
- No more than six characters.
- If the play is a collaboration, the info requested in number one of this list is required for both parties.
- Plays submitted will not be returned and should not have been produced anywhere else.
- Please do not ask for special consideration for any of these requirements.
- No feedback will be given on plays not selected.
- Everyone will be contacted by email for selected and not selected plays.
- There is no entry fee.
- Each playwright may submit a maximum of two scripts for review.
- The preferred method of submission is email to email@example.com or via US mail to Linda Pauli, 1937 Texas St., Chesterton, IN 46304. Mailed scripts must arrive by the May 1st Deadline. No other methods of delivery will be accepted
- Failure to follow these guidelines for submission will automatically disqualify a script(s) from consideration.
- By submitting a script for consideration, the playwright agrees that the 4th Street Theater may produce the script during the Festival. The playwright agrees to waive any royalty for the production of the piece in the festival and relinquishes all rights to casting decisions or scenic choices.
For further information, contact Linda Pauli, Festival Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on director application guidelines as well as auditions for actors will be posted after the plays are selected.